Its that time of year for 1099 processing again get ready now let us help!
Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income
File this form for each person to whom you have paid during the year:
- at least $10 in royalties or broker payments in lieu of dividends or tax-exempt interest;
- at least $600 in:
- services performed by someone who is not your employee;
- prizes and awards;
- other income payments;
- medical and health care payments;
- crop insurance proceeds;
- cash payments for fish (or other aquatic life) you purchase from anyone engaged in the trade or business of catching fish
- generally, the cash paid from a notional principal contract to an individual, partnership, or estate
- payments to an attorney; or
- any fishing boat proceeds,
In addition, use this form to report that you made direct sales of at least $5,000 of consumer products to a buyer for resale anywhere other than a permanent retail establishment.